Podcasting: Telling Stories in Sound – Online
In this interactive online certificate course, you’ll gain practical skills for producing distinctive audio podcasts. Learn the art of podcasting directly from professional radio producers and podcasters, get access to exclusive resources, and receive personal feedback and assistance.
Develop your own voice with our helping hands. Learn how to produce a podcast from the planning stage to the final upload. Network with fellow students and alumni, and gain the expertise of your instructors and peers. At the end of the 5-week course you’ll finish with a podcast produced by you.
- Learn storytelling techniques for an audio audience.
- Practice interview techniques including how to prepare and record the interview.
- Apply script writing and narration to podcasting.
- Learn how to professionally edit audio using Adobe Audition.
- Gain best practices for podcast planning and workflow techniques.
- Learn how to choose the right audio equipment for recording quality podcasts.
- A professionally produced podcast made by you.
We’re With You All The Way
Work With Experienced Instructors & Mentors
Our instructors are industry leaders, with years of experience in their field. Every member of the team has the academic savvy and real-world practice to support you on your learning journey. Gain the full value of their expertise through in-depth discussions, thoughtful and critical feedback on assignments, and live sessions.
Make Connections With A Professional Network
You’ll gain access to an international network of professionals building skills similar to your own. We provide a range of opportunities to engage with your peers and instructors, share insights, and keep the conversation going long after you’ve completed the course.
Collaborate & Engage
We offer a supportive space for collaboration. We’ve designed the learner’s journey to help you fully engage with course content, guided by seasoned professionals and a community of peers and mentors. Engage in live group discussions, complete lessons, and share and offer feedback on assignments.
Practice & Apply New Skills
We believe the best way to learn new skills is by doing. Gain mastery of each new skill through creative activities designed to hone your learning, culminating in the final project. At the end of this course, you will have gained in-depth knowledge, a new skill set, and a portfolio to immediately apply to your job or new career.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
During registration you will have the option of purchasing the Zoom H1n & Micro SD Card with free shipping for an additional $100. This offer is only available to US shipping destinations. We apologize for not being able to ship internationally due to Covid-19 delays in transit time and other complications.
- This is an introductory online course; no previous podcasting experience is required.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and work with new equipment and software.
- Basic computer literacy.
- All participants must have a computer or laptop for use during this course. Your computer must meet the minimum technical specifications outlined on the Adobe Audition help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/system-requirements.html . If in doubt please reach out to Adobe directly. We recommend you verify your computer can run Audition before enrolling.
- A subscription to Adobe Audition Creative Cloud for a period of 4-weeks is required to participate in this course. Information on how to purchase a subscription for one month is found here: Adobe Audition Editing Software. You will begin using Audition during the second-week of the five-week course. Keep this in mind when purchasing the license.
- Headphones are required.
- An audio recording device for recording the podcast is required. When registering for the course you will have an option to purchase a Zoom H1n. A recording microphone is recommended but not required. See Gear Guide before registering.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
You may cancel your online course for a full refund of fees paid less 10%. The request for cancellation must be made no later than 10 days in advance of the course start date and provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to refund fees for registrations cancelled within 10 days of the start of the online course.
If you wish to transfer your paid registration to another online course you will be placed on a future course waiting list. The request for transfer must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the course start date and provided in writing to email@example.com