Add depth, dimension and soul to your storytelling. Sound design is a key component of producing high-quality podcasts. Music, sound effects and natural sounds all add layers of complexity, and can inspire visual imagery and meaning. Bring listeners deeper into your story with the unseen art of sound design.
In this introductory online mini-course, you’ll gain foundational insight into the vital art of pre- and post-production sound design. Learn the basics directly from professional sound designers, and come away with insider knowledge and tips to apply to your own audio production.
This (2-session) mini-course is held live.
To check for your local time zone, use this handy Time Zone Converter.
- Learn about the different elements of sound and music, and how these are used to bring depth, emotion, and meaning to your audio piece.
- Learn how to listen for and evaluate sonic elements within a podcast.
- Learn the fundamentals of planning sound for scenes and stories, including idea generation and organization.
- Gain foundational knowledge in key terms and concepts, and the visual representation of the different elements of sound within a mix.
- Learn about platforms, services and libraries to find usable sound and gain access to talent.
- Gain best practices in production workflow.
Who Should Attend?
Podcasters, new media managers, podcasters, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, journalism educators, journalists, editors, and web producers.
- This mini-course will be completely live and online. We will be hosting this course via Zoom Video Conferencing. To prepare for this course, please download Zoom in advance. The sessions will not be made available as recordings after the session.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
You may cancel your online course for a full refund of fees paid less 10%. The request for cancellation must be made no later than 10 days in advance of the course start date and provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to refund fees for registrations cancelled within 10 days of the start of the online course.
There are no transfers allowed with this mini-course.