Add depth, dimension and soul to your storytelling. Sound design is a key component of producing high-quality podcasts. Music, sound effects and natural sounds all add layers of complexity, and can inspire visual imagery and meaning. Bring listeners deeper into your story with the unseen art of sound design.
In this online mini-course, you’ll gain insight into the vital art of post-production sound design. Learn directly from professional sound designers, and come away with insider knowledge and tips to apply to your own audio production.
This mini-course sessions will take place on December 8 & December 10, from 3:30 pm – 5pm, Pacific Standard Time (PST).
To check for your local time zone, use this handy Time Zone Converter.
- Gain best practices of how and when to use sound design.
- Learn about the different elements of sound and music, and how these are used to bring depth, emotion, and meaning to your audio piece.
- Learn the basics of layering and mixing sound, music and effects in a digital audio workstation.
- Understand in-practice audio techniques and how to apply things such as transition reverb, fades, and more.
- Discover resources and libraries available for use.
Who Should Attend?
Podcasters, new media managers, podcasters, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, journalism educators, journalists, editors, and web producers.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
is an audio producer and sound designer for Snap Judgment (PRX). As a freelance sound engineer and artist, Pat has produced audio content for commercials, films, music records, engineered a live comedy show and has worked with such luminaries as Ear Hustle, The New York Times, This American Life, and 99 Percent Invisible. Bringing the boom bap to snap, Pat produces and engineers with a beat. He heads his own hip hop production studio where he writes, records, and mixes original music.
- This is an introductory online course; no previous sound design or podcasting experience is required.
- This mini-course will be completely live and online. We will be hosting this course via Zoom Video Conferencing. To prepare for this course, please download Zoom in advance.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
You may cancel your online course for a full refund of fees paid less 10%. The request for cancellation must be made no later than 10 days in advance of the course start date and provided in writing to email@example.com. We are unable to refund fees for registrations cancelled within 10 days of the start of the online course.
If you wish to transfer your paid registration to another online course you will be placed on a future course waiting list. The request for transfer must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the course start date and provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org