Social Media For Content Creators
As savvy communication professionals we understand the value of social media, yet few organizations or companies have developed a comprehensive content strategy across multiple platforms. The constant influx of new communities, platforms, and ways to connect can overwhelm even the most accomplished social media manager. In this three-day certificate workshop we’ll provide you with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to structure a strategy that coordinates branding, engaging content and tactics across social media platforms.
Social Media for Content Creators offers comprehensive training on how to leverage the power of social media and storytelling to develop audiences, build trust relationships and drive engagement. Upon completion of this workshop, you will have developed an expanded strategic social media roadmap for creating engaging content across multiple platforms, have experience developing content that resonates with your audience, and be knowledgeable on the latest social media tools and technologies.
In this workshop you will learn:
- To identify the key components of social media content strategy with a focus on audience, content, organizational goals, and metrics;
- The keys to building brand awareness in your social media messaging with stories, and via social influencers and advocates;
- To develop content that is authentic, interactive and meaningful with consistent voice and targeted to your audience and the platform;
- To create engaging content that resonates using visual journalism techniques and infographics ;
- To design innovative social media campaigns that inspire action;
- Gain valuable insight into platform demographics and the nature of interactions across the social platforms with best practices for posting on social platforms and hands-on practical exercises;
- To analyze your social media campaigns with measurement tools that are in alignment with your goals;
- To leverage your overall content strategy throughout your organization or company.
At the completion of this workshop you will have designed a ready to implement strategic social media content plan.
Who Should Attend?
The Social Media for Content Creators workshop is designed for intermediate level marketing, PR and communication professionals, journalists, and educators who are interested in becoming strategic, skilled practitioners in social media content creation and distribution. The format of the workshop is ideal for people who thrive in intense, fast paced environments. Class size is limited to 24 people to allow for hands-on, personalized instruction. Early registration is recommended. We encourage sharing of our content, use hashtag #socialcontent.
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
121 North Gate Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Requirements & Prerequisites
- Basic computer literacy and skills.
- A WiFi ready laptop during the workshop.
- Beginning experience with social media platforms.
Questions & Additional Information
Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com.
Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at advancedmedia@journalism.
In-depth information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page. No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.
February 28, 2020
March 2 - April 15, 2020
March 23-24, 2020
March 25-26, 2020
May 2-3, 2020
June 22-26, 2020
July 13-17, 2020
July 13-24, 2020
July 20-23, 2020
New Date Coming Soon
New Date Coming Soon