As savvy communication professionals we understand the value of social media, yet few organizations or companies have developed a comprehensive content strategy across multiple platforms. The constant influx of new communities, platforms, and ways to connect can overwhelm even the most accomplished social media manager. In this three-day certificate workshop we’ll provide you with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to structure a strategy that coordinates branding, engaging content and tactics across social media platforms.
Social Media for Content Creators offers comprehensive training on how to leverage the power of social media and storytelling to develop audiences, build trust relationships and drive engagement. Upon completion of this workshop, you will have developed an expanded strategic social media roadmap for creating engaging content across multiple platforms, have experience developing content that resonates with your audience, and be knowledgeable on the latest social media tools and technologies.
In this workshop you will learn:
- To identify the key components of social media content strategy with a focus on audience, content, organizational goals, and metrics;
- The keys to building brand awareness in your social media messaging with stories, and via social influencers and advocates;
- To develop content that is authentic, interactive and meaningful with consistent voice and targeted to your audience and the platform;
- To create engaging content that resonates using visual journalism techniques and infographics ;
- To design innovative social media campaigns that inspire action;
- Gain valuable insight into platform demographics and the nature of interactions across the social platforms with best practices for posting on social platforms and hands-on practical exercises;
- To analyze your social media campaigns with measurement tools that are in alignment with your goals;
- To leverage your overall content strategy throughout your organization or company.
At the completion of this workshop you will have designed a ready to implement strategic social media content plan.
Who Should Attend?
The Social Media for Content Creators workshop is designed for intermediate level marketing, PR and communication professionals, journalists, and educators who are interested in becoming strategic, skilled practitioners in social media content creation and distribution. The format of the workshop is ideal for people who thrive in intense, fast paced environments. Class size is limited to 24 people to allow for hands-on, personalized instruction. Early registration is recommended. We encourage sharing of our content, use hashtag #socialcontent.
- Basic computer literacy and skills.
- A WiFi ready laptop during the workshop.
- Beginning experience with social media platforms.