Storytelling Through Animation
Animation and motion graphics have made a comeback. In the digital world, video has taken over as the most popular way to consume information, and animations are popular in every sector – from journalism and media to e-commerce. Whether it’s supplementing existing video footage, or telling entirely animated stories, animating text, vectors, and illustrations is an essential skill for all content creators. Join us for our 2-day workshop, where you’ll learn best-in-class techniques for producing great visuals that tell stories to the web and your social media networks.
A two-day workshop with hands-on training in essential animation skills.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand storyform and how to develop creative visual stories.
- Learn motion graphics and how to animate text and vectors using key-framing & effects.
- Discover resources for stock vectors and illustrations to incorporate into your animations.
- Learn best practices for exporting your animation and deploying it on the web & social media.
- Learn industry-standard animation software Adobe After Effects.
- Produce your own animated story and walk away with a new addition to your portfolio.
Who Should Attend
Storytelling through Animation is ideal for all content creators, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, publishers, educators and web producers.
Mariana Santos, founder of Unicorn Interactive, is a trained animator and visual storyteller who pioneered newsroom use of motion graphics to make data stories more compelling.
New Dates Coming Soon 8:30am – 4:30pm daily. Morning coffee and networking lunch is included.
UC Berkeley Advanced Media Institute, 121 North Gate Hall Room 106, Berkeley, CA 94720.
$865 USD. Space is limited and fills up quickly.
What Others Are Saying
- All participants must bring their own WIFI-ready laptop for use during this workshop. Please see our laptop specifications for further technical requirements. You must upgrade your operating system to the latest version before attending the course.
- You will need to download a 7-day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. You will be working with After Effects and Illustrator. (Please note: opening the software for the first time will begin your 7-day trial)
- Before the course begins, you will be invited to a collaborative Box folder where the assets for the course will be stored.
- We recommend that you bring an external hard drive to store project files. Format your drive for Mac or PC.
- Please bring a pair of headphones to work with.
- The level of this workshop is intermediate as this is a graduate level workshop. Please contact us if you have questions about the pace or content.
- Participants must be comfortable with technical subjects and learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English.
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.
Please contact Diane Villadsen by email at email@example.com, or call 510.642.6049.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
Other Programs of Interest