Interest in Virtual Reality (VR) is growing – don’t miss your chance to catch it ahead of the curve. With major brands like YouTube and Facebook developing platforms to support 360 video, VR is becoming more and more accessible to the general public. Expand your digital presence by immersing your audience in an interactive, hands-on environment.
A 3-day workshop with seminar style and hands-on training in essential skills for producing virtual reality 360 degree video. You’ll get hands-on time with various VR video equipment, and receive over $800 in free Kolor Autopano stitching software from our sponsor GoPro.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of immersive content and what type of content is best for 360 viewing.
- Understand the different tools and software available to you to begin producing VR content.
- Work hands-on with a range of VR cameras and learn the technical elements behind successful VR (frame rates, camera movement, avoiding motion sickness).
- Learn to shoot VR video and stitch it together using Adobe Premiere & After Effects, Mettle Skybox Plugin, Kolor Autopano Video Pro & Giga, and YouTube Metadata Injector to create the first VR project.
Instructors’ VR project on homelessness in San Francisco:
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for experienced content creators, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, publishers, educators, and web producers.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
Melissa Bosworth is a multimedia journalist based in Berkeley, California who began her career as a magazine writer covering renewable energy. She has shifted her focus to multimedia storytelling, from interactive news package production to virtual reality & 360 video.
- VR video equipment is provided during the workshop. Kolor stitching software is provided and sponsored by GoPro.
- All participants must bring their own WIFI-ready laptop for use during this workshop. Please see our laptop specifications for further technical requirements. You must upgrade your operating system to the latest version before attending the course.
- You must be fluent in the basics of Adobe Premiere. If you are a beginner, please see our Adobe Premiere tutorial.
- You will need to sign up for a 7-day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere and After Effects) for use during the course.
- Before the course begins, you will be invited to a collaborative Box folder where the assets for the course will be stored. Please download the assets before the course begins, as these are large files that will take time.
- Optional: external hard drive to store large video files. Format your drive for Mac or PC.
- Please bring a pair of headphones to work with.
- The workshop is an intermediate graduate level workshop. Please contact us if you have questions about the pace or content.
- Participants must be comfortable with technical subjects and learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English