Advanced Open Source Investigations Workshop
A two-day intensive workshop with hands-on training in advanced open source investigations techniques and cybersecurity. Learn to dig deeper and how to perform active collections of publicly available information for use in professional OSINT research, analysis and investigations.
In this certificate earning workshop you will engage with leading professionals, experts-in their field, to learn the advanced intelligence gathering tools and techniques of open source investigations. You will also have an opportunity to practice the skills you’ve just learned by launching your own investigation, with the guidance of knowledgable OSINT practicing instructors.
In this certificate workshop you will learn:
- Advanced tools for identifying and collecting digital evidence
- Privacy and data protection techniques for your own safety and your sources
- Applied security practices
- Advanced active and passive search and monitoring methods
- Verification methods for different types of online content
- Network targeting and analysis
- Individual research with advanced social OSINT
- SIGINT: signal information intelligence
- Tracking persons of interest: movements and supply chains
- Data scrapping for finding key public information
This workshop will provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary to apply your new skill set immediately to your profession. Plus, you’ll gain access to a larger community of professionals, resources and industry experts.
This workshop is for OSINT professionals with basic experience in open source investigations, research or academia. We offer a 5-day Open Source Investigations workshop for beginners or novices.
Our Training At Your Location
Interested in having us bring our training to your organization? Please contact Vicki Hammarstedt at email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for anyone currently working in open source investigations with interest in expanding their skills and knowledge of advanced OSINT tools and techniques: journalists, researchers, government, criminal investigators, and human rights advocates.
We encourage team work! Bring a colleague or friend and receive additional tuition discounts. Contact Alexandre Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
New Date Coming Soon
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Instruction begins promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Morning coffee and catered networking lunch provided.
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
121 North Gate Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Requirements & Prerequisites
- It is the participant’s responsibility to provide their own equipment:
- All participants must bring their own WiFi-ready laptop for use during this workshop.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Comfortable with learning new tools and software.
- Proficiency with English.
Questions & Additional Information
The closest parking to North Gate Hall, where Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is located, is the Lower Hearst Parking Garage. For public parking, you must enter on the second floor via Scenic Ave and park next to a gold pillar. Many spots in this garage are permit parking only, so please be vigilant of posted signs. Parking is $2/hr, max $20/day.
Another option for parking is the Stadium Parking Garage, located under Maxwell Field and between California Memorial Stadium and the Greek Theater. Parking here is $25/day with variable hourly rates.
If you wish to utilize public transportation, North Gate Hall is about 15-20 minute walking distance from Downtown Berkeley BART Station. There are also multiple AC Transit bus lines that stop in front of the building.
For more information on different parking garages around campus, visit the UC Berkeley Parking and Transportation website.
• Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com.
• Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $375.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
• Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
• Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at advancedmedia@journalism.
In-depth information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page. No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.