How To Create A Marketing Video
This 2-day graduate level certificate workshop will guide you through the process of producing a short-form marketing video that can be used internally – within a corporation for training or “rallying the troops“, or externally to transmit a marketing message to the public. The course will show you how to convert a set of information (such as written reports, data and analysis, interview transcripts, etc.) into a short script from which to create a one to two-minute marketing video.
The course will include an overview of production essentials including budgeting, casting, rehearsal basics, tips on distinguishing essential messaging and fashioning it into a script, finding or creating a simple yet appealing set or backdrop, working successfully with both actors and non-actors to achieve an effective delivery of the script and overseeing the shooting and post production editing.
After successful completion of this course, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the fundamentals of short-form video scriptwriting
- Complete basic budgeting and scheduling
- Direct your cast, whether they are company employees or trained actors
- Manage the stages of post production including editing, working with music, color grading, and sound design
- Choose how and where to place your video ad on digital platforms
- Take your career to the next level
Note: this is not a filming and editing course. To learn to film and edit video please join the Video Storytelling workshop.
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for those interested in or new to video production, content creators, content marketers, communications and PR folks, publishers, and educators.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
We encourage team work! Bring a colleague or friend and receive additional tuition discounts. Contact Alexandre Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
New Date Coming Soon
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily
Morning coffee and catered networking lunch provided.
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
121 North Gate Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Requirements & Prerequisites
There is no requirements or prerequisites to attend this course.
Questions & Additional Information
• Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com.
• Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
• Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
• Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
• If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at advancedmedia@journalism.
In-depth information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page. No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.
February 28, 2020
March 2 - April 15, 2020
March 23-24, 2020
March 25-26, 2020
May 2-3, 2020
June 22-26, 2020
July 13-17, 2020
July 13-24, 2020
July 20-23, 2020
New Date Coming Soon
New Date Coming Soon