How To create a marketing video
This 2-day graduate level certificate workshop will guide you through the process of producing a short-form marketing video that can be used internally – within a corporation for training or “rallying the troops“, or externally to transmit a marketing message to the public. The course will show you how to convert a set of information (such as written reports, data and analysis, interview transcripts, etc.) into a short script from which to create a one to two-minute marketing video.
The course will include an overview of production essentials including budgeting, casting, rehearsal basics, tips on distinguishing essential messaging and fashioning it into a script, finding or creating a simple yet appealing set or backdrop, working successfully with both actors and non-actors to achieve an effective delivery of the script and overseeing the shooting and post production editing.
After successful completion of this course, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the fundamentals of short-form video scriptwriting
- Complete basic budgeting and scheduling
- Direct your cast, whether they are company employees or trained actors
- Manage the stages of post production including editing, working with music, color grading, and sound design
- Choose how and where to place your video ad on digital platforms
- Take your career to the next level
Note: this is not a filming and editing course. To learn to film and edit video please join the Video Storytelling workshop.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
How To Create A Marketing Video is ideal for those interested in or new to video production, content creators, content marketers, communications and PR folks, publishers, and educators.
Myra Paci is a writer/director whose films include her award-winning debut feature Searching for Paradise, developed at the Sundance Institute’s Screenwriting and Directing Labs; and Girls Night Out. Her work has received support from many nationally recognized film organizations including the National Endowment for the Humanities. She has created marketing videos for clients such as AAA, Kaiser Permanente, Intel, Lending Club, Schwab, and The San Francisco YMCA. She currently teaches screenwriting, directing, and film production at San Francisco State University, and has lectured at Yale University, New York University, California College of the Arts, and Boston’s Institute of Contemporary Art.
* Instructors are subject to change.
$945 USD. 10% discount will be automatically applied when registering before June 15, 2019.
Need help justifying this training to your employer? Check out our customizable letter: PDF or .DOCX.
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily. July 15-16, 2019.
- All participants must bring their own WIFI-ready laptop for use during this workshop.
- Before the course begins, you will be invited to a collaborative Box folder where the assets for the course will be stored.
- This is a beginning workshop, no previous experience is required. Please contact us if you have questions about the pace or content.
- Participants must be comfortable with technical subjects and learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English.
QUESTIONS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Where should I stay?
Where should I park?
The closest parking to North Gate Hall, where Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is located, is the Lower Hearst Parking Garage. For public parking, you must enter on the second floor via Scenic Ave and park next to a gold pillar. Many spots in this garage are permit parking only, so please be vigilant of posted signs. Parking is $2/hr, max $20/day.
Another option for parking is the Stadium Parking Garage, located under Maxwell Field and between California Memorial Stadium and the Greek Theater. Parking here is $25/day with variable hourly rates.
For more information on different parking garages around campus, visit the UC Berkeley Parking and Transportation website.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
- If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
Can I transfer to a different workshop if I change my mind?
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making any changes. Change requests do not apply to request made 15-days prior to the workshop start date.