This 2-day graduate level certificate workshop will guide you through the process of producing a short-form marketing video that can be used internally – within a corporation for training or “rallying the troops“, or externally to transmit a marketing message to the public. The course will show you how to convert a set of information (such as written reports, data and analysis, interview transcripts, etc.) into a short script from which to create a one to two-minute marketing video.
The course will include an overview of production essentials including budgeting, casting, rehearsal basics, tips on distinguishing essential messaging and fashioning it into a script, finding or creating a simple yet appealing set or backdrop, working successfully with both actors and non-actors to achieve an effective delivery of the script and overseeing the shooting and post production editing.
After successful completion of this course, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the fundamentals of short-form video scriptwriting
- Complete basic budgeting and scheduling
- Direct your cast, whether they are company employees or trained actors
- Manage the stages of post production including editing, working with music, color grading, and sound design
- Choose how and where to place your video ad on digital platforms
- Take your career to the next level
Note: this is not a filming and editing course. To learn to film and edit video please join the Video Storytelling workshop.
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for those interested in or new to video production, content creators, content marketers, communications and PR folks, publishers, and educators.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
We encourage team work! Bring a colleague or friend and receive additional tuition discounts. Contact Alexandre Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.