Documentary filmmaking can be challenging whether you’re just getting started or have some experience in the field. This 2-day graduate level certificate workshop will guide you through all the stages of producing a successful documentary, with tips and strategies on the essentials of independent documentary filmmaking for both short and feature-length films. The course will include an overview of documentary film financing, story development, production essentials from shooting to the final edit, creative marketing, and strategies for distribution.
After successful completion of this course, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Assess the suitability of story ideas for documentary storytelling
- Identify diverse resources for documentary film funding
- Understand the fundamentals of budgeting, treatment writing, and scheduling
- Employ strategies for working with documentary film subjects
- Plan for the stages of postproduction, including editing, working with music, color grading, and sound mix
- Be knowledgable about and consider a wide range of distribution methods
Who Should Attend?
Documentary Filmmaking is ideal for those new to documentary filmmaking, videographers, film producers, content creators, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, publishers, and educators.
We encourage team work! Bring a colleague or friend and receive additional tuition discounts. Contact Alexandre Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The workshop is a beginning graduate-level workshop. Please contact us if you have questions about the pace or content.
- Participants must be comfortable with technical subjects and learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English.