Empowering the next generation of multi-media storytellers. This intensive 2-week multimedia storytelling institute is a certificate course that focuses on the storytelling and technical production of multimedia content for a digital, mobile-first audience.
You’ll experience best practices for telling stories to an online audience—through social media, on the web and to a mobile audience. You’ll learn to produce video, digital photography, podcasts, and data visualizations; how to apply design principles and audience engagement tips. You’ll have the tools and storytelling skills to produce, edit and post compelling digital content. Upon completion of this program, participants will have the knowledge and tools necessary to apply your new skill set immediately to your profession.
In this certificate program, you will:
- Learn to choose the best media for telling stories on multiple digital platforms.
- Learn to develop the narrative in your digital story and how to produce creative visual stories.
- Learn best practices for interviewing and how to prepare a subject for the interview.
- Learn how to film, edit and produce a video with an interview and B-roll.
- Learn to produce engaging content for all digital platforms.
- Become skilled in creating quality audio for videos or audio files that engage audiences.
- Learn the basics of producing a podcast, including recording, editing, and adding narration, writing script, and building in music and sound effects.
- Learn to create interactive data visualizations, charts, graphs, and maps to tell stories.
- Understand the keys to audience engagement and how to apply this to your own content.
- Learn to use publishing platforms to showcase your work.
- Explore emerging technologies influencing digital media content production.
- Produce a final digital media project using new media technologies and tools.
- Build a new set of skills that will make you a fluent, active and engaging multimedia content producer.
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for all content creators, advertising specialists, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, digital marketers, communications and PR, educators and web producers.
Need help justifying this training to your employer? Please check out our customizable document.
This program is incredibly well-designed and the instructors are knowledgable experts in their fields. Definitely a great professional investment!
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
- This is a beginner course. No previous experience is required. Please contact us if you have questions as to the level of this course.
- All participants must bring their own WiFi-ready laptop for use during this workshop. Lenovo laptops are strongly discouraged due to performance issues with Adobe software. If you need to rent our laptop for any reason, it will be an additional $45 per day of rental.
- External hard drive (Formatted for Mac or PC).
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere, Photoshop, and Audition (7-day free trial + at least 1 additional paid week to use for the remainder of the course).
- Computer literacy skills.
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software.
- Proficiency with English.
- This course is only offered once a year during the summer session. If you’re looking for a similar program in the Fall session, please check out our sister, part-time course Digital Media Skills Certificate.